Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Therapy, Tangents, Motherhood, Animals, Stupidity & June Cleaver

I'm going to vent on this blog tonight as my method of therapy, I mean not all posts have to be these wonderful, fairy tale, magical post moments because life is not always full of enchanted episodes. Even though I'm very thankful for all that I have, I have moments of bursts of insanity in my mind. Tonight after the 20th time of trying to get Gracie to stay in her bed, because all of a sudden she thinks she has a choice to get out, when all has been going well, I visualize beating my head over and over on the wall. As she screams I see another vision of me slamming the door repeatedly to get my frustrations out. My patience is SO being tried lately. Then another whine & her throwing herself backwards and I just want to run outside and scream.
Add Todd into the mix, even though he's not IN the room, he mine as well be because you can hear him LOUD & CLEAR. Like he doesn't remember she's trying to sleep. As her eyes close & she's FINALLY attempting to go to sleep after an hour he makes a phone call, her eyes open, and my blood starts boiling. A few moments later, she's drifting off again, I hear ice pounding into a glass & her eyes open again and she's alert. I want to throw myself on the floor and have my own 2 year old tantrum.

If you can relate, I have sympathy for you, but it would make me feel better if you can. :)

By the way ~ Our neighborhood is full of animal adventures lately. Apparently there was a 6 foot gator across the street in our neighbor's driveway. Nice. Gracie and I go over there all the time to swing on their swing. At 11pm the night before last Shelby was growling out the window & there is a huge black bear in our front yard. He left a big nasty poop & Todd stepped in it, haha and because Todd's a yard ape and doesn't wear shoes he got it all gooshed in his toes! Hilarious. Another night this week I looked out the window and saw a huge black silhouette in mid air and got my binoculars, it was a monstrous spider weaving a web in the middle of our yard, talk about ambitious and stupid. We could've walked right through it. I told that spider he was gonna die the next day and thankfully it rained really hard and "washed the spider out!" Gracie's new thing is to walk down the street holding my hand and we go gator hunting! There is a little creek that has baby gators, turtles & birds, they are always sunning on the rocks. This is what we do for entertainment, so I hope it doesn't create something where she actually likes alligators one day. Also, a huge black snake was in our driveway, yuck. And we have an armadillo that lives on the side of our yard and has made himself a big hole to reside in. Gracie dripped a "drop" of her popcicle on the floor outside while swinging, do you know in seconds, literally seconds, I watched tiny ants crawl from nowhere and start hovering this small drop? It was like a live viewing of the discovery channel or something, in fast forward mode but not. Crazy. We love our deer family, they are so sweet & the owls, and we love our woodpecker friend. It seems our neighborhood has come alive since summer has begun.

One last thing, I get really air headed, pretty stupid this time, actually. Gracie loves to play in my jewelry, she has certain things set aside she's allowed to play with. Well she likes to wear rings and I thought how oh so cute it would be if she had one that fit her, her own size. So I give her my baby ring that my grandparents got me. After two days of ooing and awing over how adorable it looks on her and she would kiss it and say "RING!" She liked it just as much as I liked it on her & thought oh how cute & sentimental...it's gone. Yep, just like that, gone. I even thought maybe she got it off & swallowed it so I even checked her poop. Nope, not there, not in the pool filters either. I am sick about it and it was really very stupid of me, what are you gonna do?
(After writing this last night I found my ring in the living room this morning!:))

Not as stupid, this is the version of air headed - was me putting Gracie without a diaper in her booster chair, oh she won't pee! Yep she did! Seeped all into our chair, what a fun mess that was to clean up.
But my friend Leslie came over one day to get her hair done, I guess this is totally off the subject, but she made me so happy. I was actually laughing so hard at her by how impressed she was with me, but I think she gets excited easily. Anyway, she was getting her hair done and while she was processing I took out a chicken from the oven, sweet potatoes and broccoli & cheese and she couldn't believe and was in awe of how I had prepared dinner in 5 minutes for my family. And that Gracie was eating it. I'm like, well it took more than 5 minutes, you just see me whipping it out after it's been cooked. She said I should be Mrs. Cleaver & all I needed was an apron! That, Leslie, made my day! Don't we wish we all had Mrs. Cleaver days or even moments every day! :)
Okay so I looked up June Cleaver.
June Cleaver's quotes:
* "I'm breading cutlets."
* "Welcome to the neighborhood."
* "Do you think all parents have this much trouble?"
Life ~
June is dedicated to her family; she has few interests outside the home except social events like weddings or school events like meetings and plays. She has ladylike pastimes: needlepoint, cake decorating, and arranging tea roses. She reads glossy but high-toned, tasteful women's magazines. In one episode, she entertains the ladies in her social club. When the boys arrive home from school, June can be found in the kitchen chopping salad vegetables, basting a roast, or icing a cake. Her kitchen is immaculate.

You go June, I'll keep "playing house" & "pretend" in my real kitchen! :)

3 comments:

Leslie Lauren said...

You know, I had a few "Jaime" moments this past week...you inspired me to be my own family's "June Cleaver", and I actually cooked dinner THREE NIGHTS in a row!!! (I caved last night and wound up at Olive Garden). ;)

My hair is still looking fantabulous!!! <3 Thank you :) :) :)

Stephanie said...

you tell Gracie that Ethan will go alligator hunting with her ANYTIME!!!

Kimberly said...

This made me laugh, Jaime! I can totally relate to the tantrums about refusing to stay in their beds. I don't know if you are a spanker, but that was all that worked with Noah. He would get up, get a spanking and put back in bed. This went on for a least an hour two nights in a row, hasn't been a problem since:)