Wednesday, May 14, 2008

New Adventures!

On the right is a video bar of Gracie's swim lessons today, or in her words torture, not lessons. She is doing awesome! Today was her 11th lesson and she's swimming to the wall, swimming to Ms. Dawn's hand. On the 4th day she taught herself how to float on her back in our bathtub! She's been pretending to swim for the past 8 months, so I know deep down she likes it and will love it once she's on her own at home. But for now she screams "Towel", "Mommy", or "All Done"! At first the teacher would ask for a high five, Gracie pushed her hand away and said "I don't want it"! Now she does a small high five and says "YAAA" when she comes out of the water. So it's getting better. The first week on the way home, I'd look back and see two eyes peaking over her blankie, eyebrows furrowed, probably confused..."why on earth is mommy letting this lady dunk me and mommy is clapping and saying 'good job', screw them, tomorrow I'm gonna scream louder."

There's something so sweet seeing your little girl in a little ballet outfit. Today we did a trial dance lesson to see how she'd like it. I had fun getting her dressed & putting her hair in a little bun! I didn't put a tutu on her because I was afraid it would be too much, I didn't want to be one of "those moms" and when I got there they were all in tutu's! Oh well. She wasn't too sure about the class at first, and even cried, but by the end she was over at the balance bar putting her leg up on it like all the other 2 year olds. So funny! She didn't get the concept of standing on the sticker, instead she was trying to peal it off the floor. Nice. Here are a few photos.






Stickers are great!

1 comment:

Katie said...

her leotard is the cutest! What a cutie. My mom has a video of me at gymnastics at this age and all the other kids have moved on to the next stunt and I'm still looking under my legs upside down, just looooking around. And she's like, "Katie. Katie Brill! Look up, sweetie." LOL! Does that sound like me, OR WHAT?

You'll have to tell me more about this place, I want to take Madalyn!!