Last night Gracie wanted a show and I told her nicely it's time for bed and to go night night. All of a sudden she was gone, I went looking for her and found her climbing into her bed without me and without asking for her blankie or pacifier.
I was amazed, as she was getting the sheets on her she said "Blanken" (blankie) and I gave her the sheet to put on. Then we said prayers and kissed her good night. I stood in the doorway as she laid there, I listened to her sweet little yawns over & over. I could hear them because she didn't have her "fire" in her mouth! I waited to see if she'd ask for it. I hate to say she picked her nose, probably trying to figure out how to wind down. But she eventually went to sleep very peacefully.
Could it be the beginning of the end of "fire"? I've been following her lead with nursing and eating food, it has worked out so well. She quit nursing cold turkey so I'm thinking it will be the same for "fire"!
She woke up a few times during the night, never asking for it but wrest-less. It wasn't until late morning and then she had a melt down in the kitchen. Banging cabinets, throwing things in the floor, screaming at the top of her lungs, demanding "fire"! I ignored her and stayed in the living room and then she was done and moved on. Took about 5 minutes.
Tonight she went to bed really well, she said "blanken, fire" because she can't have one without the other, I gave her "blanken" and ignored the plea for "fire" so she sat there and pouted. Pitiful. I told her I'd rub her & that's all it took. She went to sleep just fine!
Things happen so much differently than you imagine. Todd and I have been brain storming ways to get rid of it, put dirt on it, because she hates things that are dirty or messy, vinegar so it tastes gross, or put a hole in it. So far this turned out way better!
Gracie, we'll save a "fire" for you as a keepsake! We love you! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment