Well, as mommy picked her up in excitement to see one swimming towards us on one of the docks, she dropped it into the water. I didn't realize but heard blood curling screaming & people sighing, "oh no!" Then low & behold, there's her manatee bobbing along in the water. The wind was carrying it further out, what could we do? I wanted to take a photo but, bad mommy, that's bad! So I held her & told her we'd get it somehow, then I'm starting to tear up because I feel so awful for her. She is clearly stressed out. I'm getting horrible looks from daddy, like it was all my fault. A man was so sweet offering to find a fishing pole, another Japanese woman was consoling her, "you mommy buy you new one!" Yes, if only mommy had bought her this one, it was from Gramma & Papa at some tourist place in north Florida. I prayed & prayed, asked God to send the wind the other way, that somehow this Manatee would come to shore & eventually it did! Thank you again, Lord! So daddy hopped the fence to get it & we're all waiting, and waiting, and wondering where the heck he is, we couldn't see him through the trees, and people are questioning out loud, where is he? In the photo below the manatee is waiting & wondering, too when he'll be rescued! Finally we see him & he grabs it & comes back up. We meet & he's bent over, poor guy twisted his knee when hopping the fence & was having a very hard time getting down there to save the manatee! What a great dad! Everyone cheered, it was embarrassingly sweet & funny at the same time.
So now we're relieved, and happy. Half of manatee is wet & half is dry, so he's put safely away in my bag. Now we can enjoy the real manatees we came to see!
Sitting on a bench, looking at the view of palm trees swaying above, it was a beautiful day
playing, splashing, swimming
Here a mommy & baby
At the end of the Blue Spring. Daddy's still hobbling along the trail. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment