Wednesday, February 3, 2010

December & Christmas 2009

This ornament sums up our Christmas this year!

The girls...

Starting to decorate the tree

They all seem to be going to one designated area!

She was SO excited about digging into the ornaments & saying how beautiful they were. So cute.

CANDY CANES!!!


Feather boas, fuzzy slippers & sweet cheeks! Of course no pants.


The little things that make us happy!

Out at Cranes Roost to see the lights

"Brrr my hands are cold!"

Santa hats!

Listening to Veggie Tales Christmas - her favorite cd this year


Angels - (I love this profile of her)

29 weeks

On our way to the playgroup Christmas party!

VERY excited! Got a snazzy Christmas necklace...

...and there are CANDY CANES!


Tada! These are her "CHEAP" shoes! She came out & said, look mommy, I've got on my cheap shoes!

We had a huge baking extravaganza this year with Auntie Sara & Gramma Nut - here's the cousin crew decorating gingerbread cookies


Ella & Gracie - supposed to be making sugar cookies but she really likes eating it instead

Auntie Sara & Cousin Kailee

Had a bonfire - Mia Kate & Gracie

Our neighbors came over & we made S'mores!

At the Sweetwater neighborly kid's Christmas party...she cannot get enough glitter! She was trying to stick it to her shirt & make it shiny & sparkly!

Here she's decorating a cookie & cannot get enough icing! She just kept squeezing & squeezing.

"See? Isn't it so pretty?"

And tasty! She took 2 bites & threw it away.

Making Christmas cards for teachers.

She loves drawing smiley faces for people & she traced her hand by herself for the first time.

In her big girl bed, passed out while reading a book. Aaaaawwww.

Ballet Practice

Tondu!

Don't know what that's called but she's good at it!


And the sweetest little profile. They are using a star wand for their show.

On our way to Todd's work Christmas party - 31 weeks


Her & Rosebud - she asked me to take a picture of them together by the tree

Aaah yes, and don't forget the pose!

This has got to be one of my favorites. Look at that sweet thang cuddled up, it was chilly outside & we were snuggling in blankets on the swing.

Starting to really like taking photos

"I'm gonna get you! I'm going to tickle you!"

At Chipotle - mmmmm yummy rice & cheese quesadillas with her Rosebud

Park Ave walking around for a bit - 31 weeks

She came upon a dolphin water fountain! She was SO excited!


We blew our hair out straight today

I blew her hair out with a round brush, I love it.

She's got this little body with big hair.

She looks like a little woman or something, it's really hilarious.


Christmas Eve Service

She fell asleep during service right before the candle lighting ceremony - she would've loved it.

But she got her fire instead, the girl loves fires

Put out cookies for Santa & carrots for Rudolph

Now finally in bed & here the main present awaits to greet her in the morning. I was SO excited. We kept asking what she'd like for Christmas after she'd say that Santa was coming to her house to bring her lots of presents.

What kind of presents? "Just lots & lots of pretty boxes!" What do you want inside the boxes? "lots of presents!" Ummmm, okay. Not helping. I'd been wanting to get her a huge dolphin since she loves dolphins. I couldn't find one that wasn't a trillion dollars plus shipping. The week of Christmas she tells me that Santa is going to bring her a big dolphin! Oh my gosh! As soon as we got home I rushed online & wouldn't you know, I found one for 19.99 and $4 bucks for shipping. What?! It was a total God experience, He knew she really wanted a doldphin & he knew how much she'd love it. That could've been the only present we got her!

So here she is, it's Christmas morning & the first thing she tells us "Mommy, daddy, Santa got me a big dolphin!" I could not believe how sure she was. Then once we said let's go find out she got scared & laid on our floor. She thinks Santa is in our living room, waiting to personally hand deliver her presents. HA!

After 5 minutes of coaxing & reassuring that Santa had SO many other children to give presents to & he is probably home asleep from exhaustion, she slowly comes out of the hallway to take a peak.

The expression after seeing the dolphin & seeing the presents under the tree - she really was in disbelief about the dolphin & took her a while to go see it. But she named her right away. She said "it's a big dolphin!" "It's a Kailee dolphin!" And so since then the dolphin's name is Kailee like her big cousin Kailee. :)

Lite Bright!

Shelby's starting to feel left out back there, anything for me?

Here she got Kailee dolphin & checking her out


Lip gloss!

A little makeup set, here Shelby, you need some blush!

This says it all.

Dancing to Veggie Tales Christmas - she is SO in love!




Hanging at the bar

Laying on her pillow, she asked me to take a picture of the 2 of them.

Green nail polish! This was a hit, every time we'd go to paint toes she'd ask for green polish, so I found some for her. She couldn't wait to paint her toes.

Next day we went to the zoo, posing with the elephant


Daddy get me!


Looks like the clouds are God's fingers, it was really amazing in person.

Poor Todd "suffering" eating a PB&J after the zoo. "You hate me don't you, you really hate me!" He says. I was laughing so hard, Gracie & I eat these practically every day so what's the big deal? He's spoiled, that's the deal. Poor baby.

Kailee Dolphin had to go for a walk with us.

Next day celebrating Christmas with the cousins & family

Sweet girls

The Connor Crew

Us, Zachy baby is in there!


Papa & Gramma Nut

Gracie & Kailee

Who says you can't make a snowman in Florida? We got an awesome Ninja food processor that whips ice into snow! This was so fun!

Arts & Crafts - a crown for a princess

Todd on his way to work

New Year's Eve - making chocolate covered strawberries

This is soooo yummy!

Loves to cut, she asked to do my hair & couldn't understand why I said "no thanks!"

Sweet tushy.


Playing & dancing in the rain.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Okay- let's see what I can remember abotu all of these precious posts... first of all- Gracie's hair is SO beautiful. MAN!! Just gorgeous. LOVE the shirt you got Todd... Gracie in the tutu- CUTEST thing EVER. EVER. What else? Oh! Mia is SO BIG now and so beautiful- just PRECIOUS. So much fun to look through all of these- you've had a busy few months!!

Leslie Lauren said...

What a fun post to read, Jaime!! I love that you guys went to Blue Springs to see the manatees!! This was our first year of not going, which made it special to read and see your experience :)

I love how you capture Gracie too~ she is such a character and a fun girl to have :) Love the green toes!!!!!!