Today Gracie & I went to the mall to play at the indoor playground & there were lots of kids her age. Here are a few photos I was hoping to get. Every time we go she loves the tree slide, this is one of the main slides she learned on. She got in the big tree stump & said "mommy, play with me!" So I got in with her & we hung out. Here's a video of her hopping from one flower to another, she does this all the time, it's so cute. Then we went & had lunch with a friend at this place called Austin's Such a quaint place. There is live music & poetry reading at night. The Labyrinth was playing, which brought back lots of memories, I used to love watching this movie when I was little & when David Bowie was singing "dance baby dance" Gracie loved it & was dancing on this little stage. I got a bit on video. I'm assuming Austin's rarely if ever has kids, the manager was watching & laughing at her the whole time & gave her a microphone, she was a little shy at first but warmed up to it. If you're reading this & are local, the food is SO yummy! We sat on a big red couch. There are board games & wireless connections. A very cool place just to hang for a while.
If you can believe it, I was excited to get Gracie down for a nap so I could venture off to Walmart & grocery shop by myself. I was looking forward to just browsing and taking my time through the isles, kinda therapeutic. Can I tell you I saw items I never knew existed & who knows how long they've been selling them for? I'm over the printing coupons thing, I ran out of ink in my printer & decided by the time I pay for my ink to be refilled I'm even. Ridiculous! It's a conspiracy. When I print the dang coupons from the websites they print huge logos on the bottom of the page to go with the coupon, as if it needs to be advertised! So I'm over it. It ticked me off. I'll stick with the newspaper.
Tonight Gracie tried little maneuvers to get out of going to bed. She said "I'm not sleepy!" for the first time ever. Then she said "I HUNGRY!" She thrashed around for a while and finally went to sleep. This week when she's getting punished she says "I tired!" in this little pathetic voice so that we'll have sympathy for her & not scold her anymore. Nice try, little girl! My favorite new word of hers is AMAZING! Everything is AMAZING! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment