I'm not sure how much longer I'll be seeing this little girl in diapers. The baby in her is depleting almost daily. Sunday I woke up & thought I should really try training her, according to the "experts" she's ready. So every hour I sat her on the pot & she never did pee but I rewarded her for being a good sport every time. She loves to flush the toilet & wash her hands. That in and of itself is so fun for her. Yesterday I just talked to her about it, we were gone a lot. This morning while I was getting ready she ran in nude, all excited "Diapi off!" she yells all the time, she's always so proud when she's taken it off and is so glad to be "nudy" as her dad says. Soon after she started peeing in the floor, I grabbed her & got her on the toilet so she finished & we made such a huge ordeal, I could tell she liked the response she got.
Today after her nap I had her try & nothing. Later I walked in my office and she said "Look, mommy!" And there she had peed a little in the floor. She hates messes & yucky things so I told her she made a mess and it was yucky to pee on the floor so next time tell mommy and run run! So she goes into the bathroom, opens the lid, climbs up on the toilet (good for her that she's a little monkey) and went all on her own! WOW! I was amazed. It was like she ran a marathon or climbed Mt. Everest or something, I was so proud. She had the biggest smile and said "I DID IT!" So we'll see what happens next. It could swing both ways & easily backfire on me, but she's a smart little thing, I think she's gonna get it! Tonight at dinner I asked her what she did today and her eyes were twinkling and had the biggest grin looking at me. And then she said "POTTY!" I asked her, did you go in the potty and she said "YES!"
Yeah Gracie, good job, girly! Mama's proud of you! :)
1 comment:
Yay, Gracie! Ask her if she wouldn't mind teaching Jack how to climb on the potty? Seriously. Next playdate I want him to watch her do it. He can climb every other height in this house, I think he's pulling a fast one on me.
Post a Comment