Tonight we went to see fireworks & she loved them. She called them drums & kept saying "BOOM BOOM" or "BAM BAM." She'd point & ask, "see 'em?" & she'd shout out the shapes or colors she could see. While we were waiting she was lying on her back on the grass with her hands in the air feeling the breeze & said "nice out!" We had mentioned a few times how nice it was outside & little ears pick up fast! She's my little nature lover though. She really gets into all the birds, pink clouds, stars, moon, flowers, animals, etc. Her excitement & energy is contagious!
Gracie watching fireworks!
The few of the latest news with Gracie girl ~
Gracie sang the entire alphabet yesterday all by herself! It was the sweetest, cutest thing to hear her little voice pronounce the letters. I've been listening to her sing it up to G and this time she didn't stop. I knew she had it in her!
She can't swing high enough, we swing her as high as possible and she yells at us in this demanding voice like we're holding out on her or something, "High! Mommy!" "High, Daddy!" with her little brows furrowed. We're like, that's as high as you can go, my goodness!
I just had to...Gracie's 1st time swinging, 5 months
She is SO into popcicles, most always asks for one while swinging. Now she wants certain colors. Blue is her favorite, I have to physically show her that blue is gone before she'll attempt to think about another color, she is so disappointed, it's hilarious. After that it's whatever color comes to mind.
This week she strung her 1st bead all by herself. She's been trying & trying and finally got it through the hole & out the other side. "I DID IT...YEAH!!" It's so cute to watch her eyes so intent and her little fingers holding the string & bead, coordinating all the movements together to get it just right. Then she wants to jump rope with it with the one bead on it. She cracks me up.
She's counting almost to twenty now. She skips 17 & 18 and goes for 20! My favorite is that she calls sixteen "pinkteen" I LOVE it! Her new phrase is "for ya!" If she's giving me something she'll say "mommy, FOR YA!" I have no idea where she got that. She also says "Hey guys!" when she comes up to Todd and I. She loves to help me cook & she likes to stir whatever I'm making. Her favorite is rice so she always assumes rice is what I'm making. When we make eggs her job is to put the cheese in and she reminded me today when I forgot and shouted, "Mommy, MY TURN!"
There aren't enough high fives you could give the girl, she adores the high five game. After we say grace, she must high five us, every occurrence is a high five occurrence. She's always got her hand up shouting "five!" And she loves to swing her arm & smack you as hard as she can with full force. Then she'll say "side, high, low." Then we usually say "got you" and tickle her so now she says "got me!" She even high fives the water fountains at the park.
3 comments:
This is so cute, Jaime! That picture of the two of you is precious. And Gracie is a doll. I cannot believe the girl can sing her ABCs! We are so not there yet!
So sweet! I love the picture of Gracie in her swing - she has grown up so much since we met her and is so beautiful.
So sweet! I love how she says pinkteen. That is hilarious. Only your daughter. :) And Pink clouds. Ha! She is SO pretty. Jack has the CUTEST girlfriend EVER. ;) And like I always say, it's so fun to hear what new things she's doing becuase it's right around the corner for Jack... except the ABC's. At the eye doctor today he shouted out "Y!" at the eye chart. There wasn't a single Y anywhere on the chart. LOL!
Post a Comment