Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Conversations are so fun these days...

While riding in the car she asks if we're going to the gym. No, we weren't but daddy tells her about making muscles big & strong. She says, "you can't lift weights & make your muscles bigger, that's IMPOSSIBLE!"

Yesterday we went to get an annual blood test, Gracie wants to bring in her green lizard. She finds pencils & starts drawing, naming letters in the alphabet. I come back & we're ready to go, I go to throw her paper in the trash & she says, "no don't throw that in the trash!" "Oh, I'm sorry, it's your artwork." "No, it's not, it's a birthday" she tells me. "For who?" "For Benson!" So I'm like, "who's Benson?" Todd says, she just told me her lizard's name is Benson & today he is 2 and a half. Oh wow!

Yesterday while making dinner she says "Jesus made us lunch!"

Today we're playing in the pool. We had a play group this morning & I asked her what God has shown her today. I'd never asked her and thought it would be funny to see what she'd say. She furrows her brows thinking and says "ME!" I say, "He showed you, you? What did he show you about yourself?" And she says "Watch it!" Hilarious.

Today we go in her room to read books...
"lay down mommy, you have to lay down."
"You want me to lay down?"
"Yes."
"In your bed?"
"Yes, in my bed."
"Okay." So I lay down, pull the covers up & tell her I'm cozy. She smiles.
"I'll read you 3 books, okay? And then I'm leaving." She says. She comes over with 3 books, sits down and starts interpreting the books her own way. It was precious. One was a precious moments book about love. She says "Benson has a friend....Benson plays....Benson has fun, Benson is love." Then when she asks, "Do you want water?"
"no thanks, can you sing me a song?"
"water or milk?"
"No water or milk, I'd like a song please."
She's clearly ignoring my plea for a song & normally she demands - you have to sing me a song, you have to read me a book.
So I start crying! I open my eyes and the look on her face was priceless. Eyes open wide, mouth dropped, looking to the other side of the room like, oh my goodness, my mom is laying in my bed & crying!
So I start laughing & then she's just cracking up, she thinks that is too funny.
She gets a phone, it rings, she tells me it's daddy.
She says "daddy, here's my daughter....my daughter, mommy!"

Within a few minutes, the roles reverse & she is fast asleep taking a nap! :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

too CUTE!!! I think this is my favorite thing to read on blogs- hearing what kids say. TOO cute and always so original. She is precious.