So a few new phrases around the Field house from Miss Gracie...
"Nonsense!" ~ not sure where she picked it up, but she tries to use it however she sees fit lately & it's hilarious.
"How do you do?" ~ We were at a party store & she saw a top hat, put it on & said "how do you do?" Where did she learn that?
My favorite ~ On her birthday we went to Publix & kids get a free cookie, she eyed the donuts & said "I want a donut." Okay, great, you can have a donut, which one do you want? There are pretty sparkle ones & chocolate ones...she says "I want a CLEAN donut, mommy!" "A CLEAN donut?" Thinking I must not have heard her right. No, she did, she said repeated a few more times, "I want a CLEAN donut!" So I pointed to the plain glazed ones & yep, she wanted a PLAIN (CLEAN) donut! So cute.
"I'M FIRST!!" I don't know where she picked this up either, but now she's in competition with even me & wants to do things first. "I'll do it FIRST."
"I'm doing something, mommy!" "I'm doing something, daddy!" Very serious, brows furrowed in concentration.
We went to the grocery store today (4-23-09) I was holding her in Joann & she demanded "Let me down, LADY!" Oh no she didn't! She was mad because after we went to the restroom, she was mad that I went first, then argued with me that she went first and I said, no you went 2nd, "no I went FIRST!"
Then we ran in Publix real quick & she wouldn't sit in her cart, she grabbed one of the dividers at the check out & she was playing tug of war with me with it & wouldn't let it go. So needless to say she got a spanking at the car for fighting with me & not obeying. Is this a taste of 3? Because I swear it's like a light went off the day after she turned 3 & it's been a bit of a war with her. If you just read this, please pray for me or her, or both of us! :)
She really is a sweet, funny little thing, but this attitude has got to be nipped in the bud, I want a sweet teenager, I know it's possible!! With God it's possible!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment