This is Pari, I just had the opportunity to do her hair & makeup for her Indian wedding and thought I'd post a photo of her. It's not the greatest photo but the only one I have for now. Indian weddings are very elaborate, much more than the average American wedding, and we think American weddings are getting outrageous! This photo of Pari was taken the night of her Garba, which is a party/dance they have a day or two before the actual wedding. After this there is a cleansing ceremony, then a henna artist decorates her with henna all over her hands, arms & feet. Then there's the wedding. The wedding time is chosen by the priest & he chooses it according to the date & time the couple were born, their sign, how the stars align, etc. It's good luck to do it that way. So I was the lucky one who got to be at her house at 2:30am to start getting her & her sister ready for pictures at 5:30am and the wedding ceremony was at 8:30am! After all that work they headed over to the court house to get married! haha Then they went to their temple to pray. She couldn't eat until noon because she had to be "pure" during the ceremony. I said well Americans considers something entirely different to be "pure" but the average American still puts on a white dress & calls it a day!
I met up with her at 3pm that afternoon and did an entirely different look for her reception/party. Before the reception can begin, her husband has to find his name hidden in the Henna art on her hands & feet. Can you imagine the pressure not being able to find it & everyone is waiting? It's for intimacy between the couple, cute, but I think I'd cheat & tell my husband just in case! Everything turned out beautiful, all the jewels she wore & face jewelry, it really was amazing. This was my 2nd Indian wedding and with 3x times the work comes 3x the reward so I'll do Indian weddings any day!
1 comment:
Jaime that is awesome! I'd love to have Mark's name hidden on me and let him find it :) :) :)
Great job -- she's gorgeous! <3
Post a Comment