She has been trying to put the alphabet sounds to words when we're talking. So one day she says, "Pu, Pu, CAT!" And smiles. I start laughing & realize what she's doing and so have been telling her it's "Cu, Cu, CAT!" And she laughs, "no it's P mommy, not C!" Okay, okay, you're 3, you are older & wiser! WHATEVER! Oh! Which leads me to another funny story about the word "WHATEVER!" She started saying it, shyly, testing the waters. Of course we were shocked & started laughing because she said it jokingly & so cute with this bashful smile. Then as days passed, it was this full on teenage attitude, NOT cute AT ALL whatever and we put a halt to the word whatever! So now if daddy says it, which he's the one who says it a lot, she very quickly points out that he said it and says, "We don't say that word, daddy! It's not a good word."
One day in Target she was being a stinker with me & grandma, I told her she needed to have a happy heart, her response, "I lost my happy heart, mommy."
She's so excited & sweet about the baby & being a sister. She randomly will tell me the baby is sleeping or that the baby is talking & what the baby is saying. Today she told me the baby is sleeping on a pillow! I told her the baby is floating in water, and she correlated it to the pool, and I could see her little imagination going wild.
She'll give me things to eat & tell me they are for the baby, I've never prompted her to do this, she is really thoughtful & sweet.
So today, we had a great day. We had oatmeal for breakfast, listened to music. She sat on the couch with some stuffed animals & was singing away.
I caught a few video clips but got busted both times! hehe Her own version of "so you want to be a cat?" from the Aristocats movie. Can't see her because it was early & no lights on!
We did some work in her workbooks, which I am seeing how bright she is, she's very good at following directions on things she's never done. We went over how saying "I can't" is not good to say or think. I can see how homeschooling is so rewarding & creates a completely different bond with your children, we laughed so much.
Later we made pink play dough together, she's quite an up & coming cook, you see! And then while we were playing play dough out of the blue she starts talking about her cousin Mia. "Mia Kate this, Mia Kate does that. Mia Kate is little. Mia Kate bla bla bla." Silence. Then she busts out, "Pu, Pu.....Mia Kate!" I was rolling on the floor.
Kids are so Pu Pu, priceless & Pu Pu precious, especially when they are your own!
No comments:
Post a Comment