Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Little Girl Conversations

Okay so I need to try to recall the past week & some of the phrases or conversations we've had. She's got quite the imagination going & it's so fun to listen to her & join in with her...she can be quite bossy. It's hard to remember much less write every detail, it just comes wave after wave, little things she says. This age is precious, just like all of them, soaking it all in as it comes.

Tonight she was in the bath tub & I've noticed a little black dot on the bottom of her foot, a splinter, I wondered if I could get it. She's a fighter, it took Todd holding her so I could get it, it was right there! She sat there just screaming endlessly after it was all done & out, I've damaged her for sure! haha
"oh, can I give you a hug? I think you need a hug." she reaches up her arms, I pull her out of the tub. "Mommy pulled the splinter out because I love you, splinters are yucky."
She calms down, wants to watch a show. We're in the living room, she is lying on the floor laughing, for a moment I thought she was reliving the experience & crying again but she was saying "it tickles it tickles, the splinter is all gone, mommy, it tickles!" and then giggling. She spots Wall E, "Wall E! My splinter is all gone, I feel much better." Then she looks at me, "mommy I feel MUCH BETTER...THANK YOU!" aaawww, you're welcome! :) She gets it! Our cruelty is appreciated!

This morning while getting ready for our bible class, she tells me she's going to do something with the toilet, I don't remember what, but I said no, and she looks at me with these eyes and says "I'm just kidding, mommy, I wouldn't do that!" I'm catching her a lot the past few days saying something and then says "i'm kidding!" She's playful like her father.

Last night while I'm making dinner, she's taking these square note papers and piling them on the counter top. I tell her she's wasting them and wasting money by ruining all the paper. I've never said that to her before. She'd been playing with 3 pennies earlier, so she said, "it's okay mommy I have money!" All of a sudden she's handing me a folded up piece of paper, with a penny inside and says "here you go, mommy, it's money, it will make you happy!" I was amazed she'd thought to give me a present, wrap a penny in the paper, she was trying to please me. I said "aaaww, thank you Gracie, but money doesn't make me happy, you make me happy." She looked at me amazed, like wow, then says "you make me happy mommy!" oh gush, gush, she's so sweet!

The other day I was making something & had some ribbon out, she put it in a line on the kitchen floor and says, here mommy, I made a finish line!

She likes to help clean up and whenever she does she says, "this will make daddy happy!" She's already figured out he's a clean freak.
Anytime anything breaks, "it's okay, daddy will fix it, he has glue." She knows he's Mr. Fix it! What's so sweet is we place her broken things on his work bench and they return the next day fixed, nothing said, just like we have a little elf. We'll have to leave the little elf a present one day!

One day she says "I'm super Gracie!" "here's my super puppy, and my super kitty!"
She had a stick and said "I have magic, watch!" and waves it around.

Tonight when we were outside she asked over & over, "mommy can I go sit on the clouds?"
"Please, mommy, can I go up to sit on the clouds?"

She pretends animals are everywhere, tonight it was a little bear, and it was jumping in the trees, and said we needed to run. The other day we heard owls and she said they were sad, they needed her to help them, she kept saying "come on, let's go! Let's go get the owls! They need me! Come on, mommy! I gotta go get them!" Sorry honey we're not going back into the forest to fetch some owls who are perfectly happy!
And on the way meet a bear, a gator, or spider, or tick or anything else that may be lurking.

Tonight she painted her whole hand purple. She loves to paint & do crafts.

She keeps luring the neighbor friends to come into her house to play, inside. Outside isn't good enough, she wants them inside her house. She's quite the hospitable one & I don't mind at all. So the other day after having the neighbors over for a few minutes because she kept telling them to come inside, she told me the next day "mommy, I want my friends to come over. Inside my house, in my room." She's so sweet.

No comments: